Dubai has always impressed everyone with its exceptional architecture and innovative concepts. Whether it is the iconic Burj Khalifa or the world’s most giant frame, Dubai Frame, it has attracted international tourists in the past few years. World Islands is another exciting project developed on the coast of Dubai that will make your imaginative investment dreams come true.
The famous Nakheel properties develop the ambitious project, which has raised many speculations from its launch in the early 2000s. Although the project was initially started to promote a real estate opportunity, the World Island Dubai has now emerged as a popular tourist attraction.
World Island- Welcome to the world of islands.
Situated 3 miles from the coast of Dubai in the Persian Gulf, World Island is an archipelago of 300 small islands that form a structure resembling the seven continents of the world. Each island is named after the respective country. Each island measures 2,50,000 to 9,00000 square feet, separated by 50 to 100 meters of water between them.
The artificial island covers an area of approximately 9 kilometers. Marine and air transport systems are used as practical means of transportation between the islands.The artificial island was constructed by dredging sand from the Gulf and transporting it to the island location, and several millions of tons of rock were used for a solid foundation base. The world island also features a replica of the beautiful city of Italy-Venice.
The project was announced in 2003; however, the financial crisis in 2008-2009 delayed the project, and today, only 2 to3 islands out of 300 are completed and open for visitors. There are also rumors that the World Islands are sinking in the ocean due to improper foundation. Despite all these rumors, the island is now a full-fledged tourist attraction, with thousands of tourists visiting annually. The stunning structure in the shape of the world looks beautiful when seen from the seaplane by its Aerial tour.
Ultimate address of luxury:
World island Dubai is all set to attract international tourists with lavish resorts and scenic views. A new buzz of hope was created when the international hotel group Anantara launched a 70-rooms resort in the South America region of the World Island. It was opened in February this year. The resort provides various accommodations, including suites, beach villas, and pool villas, and has plenty of outdoor space.
Lebanon Island is one of the few islands open for commercial use, while the rest are at different stages of completion. Visitors can book a day tour of the World Islands and explore the beaches and hotels on the island.
Things/ Activities to do at the World Island:
- Enjoy Water sports activities: Lebanon island offers various water sports activities, including jet skiing, parasailing, kayaking, banana boating, and many more! Indulge in one of these watersports activities and explore the World island.
- Enjoy beach volleyball: Compete with your friends in the game of beach volleyball and make the best out of your holiday time on the island. Even if you lose in the game, you will have great memories to cherish forever.
- Take a dip in the pool: The swimming pool on Lebanon island is an ideal place to enjoy quality time with your loved ones. Let your kids splash in the kid’s pool while you enjoy a refreshing swimming session in the soothing waters of the pool.
- Relax by the beach: If you enjoy sunbathing at the beach, then visit one of the two beaches which are open for guests. Soak your feet in the blue waters and listen to the mellow sound produced by the waves. There are cafes available by the beach from where you can get some refreshing cocktails.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at Toro Blanco: Toro Blanco is one of the finest restaurants on the World Island. Ask your partner to join you for a romantic Candlelit dinner at the Toro Blanco, and relish delicious food with your loved ones at the Toro Blanco.
- Make your event memorable on the island: The island is available for corporate events, weddings, and private events. So, if you plan to organize a memorable event, there is no other place like this. The island also makes an excellent venue for other events such as award shows, fashion shows, and corporate parties.
- Click beautiful pictures: The beaches on Lebanon island offer a perfect place to click some insta-worthy photos and videos. Do not miss a chance to take several pictures of yours in fancy outfits.
- Enjoy a luxurious Stay: Experience comfort and luxury while you stay here. World island resorts enrich your experience with appealing alluring ambiance and great hospitality. Whether you decide to chill by the pool or pamper yourself with a relaxing massage at the spa, the hotels ensure that you get the royal treatment.
Best Time To visit:
October to March makes the best time to visit this magnificent destination, as the temperature in Dubai during this period is more relaxed than at other times of the year. Boat tours and aerial rides can be enjoyed thoroughly during this time. It is also the peak season for tourism in Dubai.
Tips before you visit the world Island:
- A day trip to the island takes at least 6-7 hours. Plan to spend at least 8 hours for a pleasant experience.
- The boat rides to the island during the daytime are conducted between 10 am to 6 pm.
- Evening boat rides can be accessed from 6 pm to 11 pm. This evening boat ride is only for adults. So, avoid this trip you are traveling with your family.
- No pets or heavy luggage are allowed on the island.
If you love beaches and a luxurious holiday in Dubai,then there is no better place than World Island Dubai. The spectacular location of the islands makes it possible to enjoy the stunning views of Dubai Skyline and exotic ocean views simultaneously. We hope you get all the essential information for your next dream destination. So, book your tickets to Dubai and visit the World Island for a divine experience.