We are all fascinated with the iconic skyscraper Burj Khalifa, which is undoubtedly an exceptional piece of architecture. But, the gigantic superstructure looks even more appealing when a magical water and light show is performed in front of it. The Dubai fountain is as attractive as any other architectural marvel in the city. As the day ends, spectacular water and light show begin to fascinate the tourists with a captivating dance performance. Situated on Burj Lake, the Dubai Fountain is among the tallest performing musical fountains in the world and absolute bliss to watch.
Dubai Mall Fountain- Creativity at its best
Dubai Fountain is the largest choreographed fountain in the world, showcased at the prime location of Dubai Downtown. The impressive fountain system was launched during the opening of the Dubai Mall. The fountain has unique attributes and can be viewed from a distance of 20 miles when the shows are on.
The fountain is designed elegantly in five circles of different sizes and two arcs. More than 6,600 WET superlight and colour projectors are used to create a visual spectrum with as many as 1000 water patterns. Its powerful nozzles shoot up to 22,000 gallons of water to an impressive height of 500 feet at a given moment.
The fountain dances to the tunes of various melodies, from classical Arabian compositions to contemporary international music. Popular tracks include Michael Jackson’s Thriller, Power by popular K-Pop band EXO, and Time To Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.
While visitors walking on the Lake promenade can enjoy the fountain show from every point, guests staying in the neighboring skylines can also enjoy the performance from the top. In addition, Dubai Fountain Lake Ride and Dubai fountain Boardwalk offer an opportunity to visitors to enjoy the fountain show from a closer distance.
Fountain Lake Ride:
Enjoy a pleasant abra ride on the Burj Lake and witness magic in the air when you get close to the stunning Dubai Fountain. There is no better way to admire the beauty of Dubai Fountain than sailing on the gentle waves of the lake. Choose from various rides, including Kayaks, water bikes, flamingo Boats, and Swan Boats.
Tickets for the Lake ride costs AED 65 per person, and you can enjoy a 30-minute sail on the Burj Lake while you enjoy the beauty of a sheer masterpiece in the form of a colorful water show. Also, note that the last ride leaves 30 minutes before the shutting time.
Dubai Fountain Boardwalk:
The fountain boardwalk is a 272m floating platform on Burj Lake, which offers an awe-inspiring view of the fountain from only 9 meters. Guests can take a stroll on the boardwalk and enjoy the fascinating views of the water and light show.
The boardwalk is open from 5 pm to 11 pm in the evening , and the ticket price costs AED 20 per person. Also, note that kids under 4 years can not tour the boardwalk.
Dubai Fountain Show Timing:
The Dubai Fountain show performance is displayed every day from 6 pm to 11 pm. The show lasts five minutes and is performed at an interval of 30 minutes.
Dubai Fountain show Tickets:
This attraction is free of charge and can be enjoyed from a large platform around the fountain. It can also be enjoyed from some of the nearest restaurants and superstructures overlooking Burj Lake. However, to view the water show from a closer distance, visitors can choose from the Lake ride and boardwalk and enjoy the show by paying a little extra.
How To Get To Dubai Fountain:
Dubai Fountain is very close to Dubai City center and can be reached in 10 minutes in a private vehicle. If you are traveling from Dubai Airport, a metro ride can get you to the destination in about 30 minutes. Another option is to catch a bus, which takes approximately an hour to get you to the fountain. A convenient option that may charge you a little more is to book a cab to reach the destination.
Best Time To Visit Dubai fountain:
Although any time of the year is best for the fountain show, the Winter months from November to March offer an outstanding experience with pleasant weather in the evenings. Late-night hours are the best time to enjoy the show as the magical colors of the fountain are completely visible in the darkness.
- The fountain was designed by a Californian -based firm, WET design, which also takes credit for developing a fountain at the Bellagio Hotel Lake in Las Vegas.
- The mesmerizing fountain spans 900 feet on a 30-acre Burj Lake. It covers a massive area that is equivalent to two football fields.
- The fountain is close to iconic landmarks Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Hence, one can enjoy a shopping spree at the Dubai Mall in the afternoon and enjoy the fountain show in the evening.
- The outstanding spectacle was developed at AED 800 million (USD 218 million).
- Visitors can catch a glimpse of the vibrant and colorful water and light show from as far as 20 miles. So, don’t be surprised if you see bright lights in the air while roaming around Dubai streets, it might be a gorgeous fountain distracting you.
- The waterfront promenade outside DubaiMall makes the perfect spot to catch the performance. Observers must set off at least 15 minutes before the show starts to avoid the crowds.
- Restaurants facing Burj Lake also offer fantastic views of the fountain. Some of the most popular ones are TGI Fridays, Wafi Gourmets, and Carluccio’s.
- Visitors can also enjoy the fountain show from the walkway around Souk Al Bahar. It is far less crowded than the Dubai Mall waterfront.
The state-of-art fountain offers the best combination of science, technology, and creativity. Grab the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch the beautifully choreographed light and water show only at Dubai Fountain.
If you haven’t booked your tickets to Dubai, then now is the right time to do it and enjoy your vacation with your dear ones. To know more about Dubai Fountain, check out our blog dubai fountain- watch the dance, and read our other blogs on Dubai Travel for more family-friendly attractions.
Leave a Reply