From cloud-busting skyscrapers and themed adventure parks to thrilling desert safari, Dubai has never failed to get visitors’ attention worldwide. Another addition to the wonders of Dubai is the Dubai fountain, the largest choreographed fountain in the world. Spanning 8 acres of land, the Dubai Water fountain is set in Burj Lake in the downtown of Dubai city. The fountain offers spectacular views to visitors walking 20 miles from its location.
The fountain is located between the Dubai Mall and Souk Al Bahar, on a 30-acre Burj Lake. The tallest performing fountain shoots water up to 500 feet and is a delight to watch as it performs on different melodies. The fountain is designed in five circles in different sizes and two arcs, and its powerful nozzles shoot water up in the air to an impressive height. Over 6000 WET super lights and 25 color projectors create more than 1000 different visual images that are a treat to watch. The Dubai Musical fountain sprays about 22,000 gallons of water as it dances into the air, creating a magical effect.
Designed by the WET design, a Californian company, the features of this water fountain stand out beautifully amidst the skyline of Dubai. While it is estimated that such a complex project can take at least three years, the WET and the Emaar team finished the project in 18 months.
The fountain dances to the tunes of international music selection, including Middle Eastern, African, and Western world music., and exhibits a spectacular show. Some popular tracks include Michael Jackson’s Thriller, Time to Say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman, and Power by popular Korean pop band EXO. The spectators highly appreciate the different patterns and images created from the water show. Thousands of visitors are entertained daily as they catch a glimpse of this engineering marvel throughout the evening.
Dubai Fountain Show Timings:
Dubai Musical Fountain shows are held every 30 minutes from 6:00PM to 11:00 PM. Besides the daily shows, lunchtime performances may be added seasonally at 1:00PM and 1:30 PM. The fountain shows run for 5 minutes every half an hour.
The fountain show is free to watch from many points near Dubai Mall. But, a few paid attractions in Burj lake offer the best sightseeing experience. Lakeside and Broadwalk are the popular attractions nearby the fountain. Let us see what these attractions have to offer to their visitors:
You can view the colorful fountain from up close on a wooden abra, a traditional Arabian boat that circles the Burj Lake. The boat departs 15 minutes before the show and rides for 30 minutes around the Lake. Lake ride offers the fountain show’s best view than any other point in the city.
The Fountain Boardwalk is a recent development in the Dubai fountain, and it is a floating platform from where you can enjoy the magnificent views of the water and light show. Visitors can walk along the 272-meter boardwalk and witness fascinating views of the colorful fountain from as close as 9 meters. The Entry ticket to the boardwalk is 20 AED per person from AT THE TOP. Remember to arrive early as the ticket collection counter can be busy during peak hours.
Dubai Fountain: How to get there?
You can reach the Dubai fountain in the metro from the airport in approximately 30 minutes. Alternatively, you may also avail yourself of a bus, which takes an hour to reach your destination. One can also hire a cab for a safe commute to the water fountain, although they may charge a little more for a forty-minute ride.
Activities near the fountains:
You can enjoy many leisure and fun activities surrounding the Dubai fountain.
- Enjoy the fun water experiences on Burj Lake. The activities include children’s boating, family boating, kayaking, and a floating garden. Burj lake water experiences are available daily from 12:00PM to 8:00PM. Both kids and adults love Swan boats with pedals.
- Explore the Dubai Mall. Discover the latest collection from the world’s luxury labels. Also, visit the world’s largest aquarium and underwater zoo on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall.
- If this is not enough, you can visit Burj Park, a picnic spot with fascinating fountain views. The scenic landscape provides a perfect place to relax, and you can also go biking on the cemented roads. Many private weddings and music concerts are hosted in this park.
- Besides the eye-catching architectural marvels, several authentic and traditional restaurants situated along Burj Lake are worth trying for a satisfying experience. Some of the restaurants located near the fountain give stunning views of the fountain. Social house, OFK, TGI Fridays, Wafi Gourmet, and Karma Cafe are famous restaurants with fountain views.
- Enjoy the view from the very famous Burj Khalifa observation deck with your family and friends.
Important things you should know before you visit the Dubai Fountain:
- Plan to visit the fountain during the evening or nighttime, when laser lights and melodious music accompany the water show.
- Ensure that you reach the destination before time. The fountain gets crowded quickly; hence book your tickets for the boat ride well in advance as there can be queues.
- Cover yourself with enough clothes or carry a light jacket, as the evenings might get around the fountains.
Dubai is a paradise for those seeking an escape from monotonous life. Besides the glorious skyline, trendy shopping markets, and traditional Arabian culture, there are various other options for entertainment. The Dubai fountain is one of the fascinating attractions in Dubai.
The fountain gracefully complements the city’s rich culture with the water and light shows in the evening. It is impossible to describe the beauty of the dancing fountain in words. One must plan and book a trip to Dubai to witness how beautifully the fountain dances to the tunes of different musical compositions.
Leave a Reply