Safa Park Dubai is the oldest public park in Dubai and a popular picnic spot among residents and tourists. Surrounded by skyscrapers on all sides, the park offers a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Apart from the recreational facilities, Safa park boasts fascinating views of Downtown Dubai and the Dubai Water Canal. This place also holds significant importance in the history of the city.
At the time of its development in 1975, the park was located on the outskirts of Dubai, and now it serves as an excellent picnic spot in the heart of the city. The park makes an ideal spot for a family get-together and recreational activities for children. About 80 percent of the park is covered in green grass and a line of trees, creating a delightful landscape in the middle of the bustling city.
Attractions at the Safa Park:
- Sports: While some people choose to jog around the track, others like to indulge in various sports activities. Sports facilities inside the park include volleyball, football, and basketball courts. Other amenities inside the park include a football field, amphitheater, train rides, and a play zone for kids.
- Birds and Bushes: The park is home to more than 190 bird species. Migratory birds from different parts of the world stop at the park to rest before they continue their journey. Besides this, the Al Safa park has more than 16,920 types of bushes, trees, and shrubs. The park also has three small lakes, a forest, and a hill, creating a natural backdrop. A waterfall from the hill flows into one of the lakes and fills it with water.
- Picnic: The park offers a great location for family gatherings and picnics with excellent barbeque set-ups and scenic views. So, head to the park on weekends and enjoy quality time with your family and friends.
- Train Ride: Enjoy a ride in a mini-train with your kids in the park. The train stops at nine stations inside the park, and it is a popular attraction among the kids. The park is spread across a vast area, and if you can not manage to walk to the gates, the train ride can be a good option. Another option to explore the park is a buggy ride that runs around the periphery for AED 40 per ride.
- Play area: Al Safa Park has a dedicated space for kids to enjoy different activities. It has slides, swings, see-saws, and many more rides for the little ones. Parents can relax in the park while the kids enjoy the outdoor fun. Besides this, it has a dedicated area with gaming consoles to entertain teenagers.
- Markets and concerts: Dubai Flea market is held on every first Friday of the month at this place. Second-hand items like toys, furniture, books, and kitchen appliances are displayed in good condition, and visitors can enjoy the shopping spree. Safa park grounds also provide a platform for music concerts.
Activities /Things to do at Safa Park:
- While kids can spend hours playing around multiple play areas, adults can read their favorite books in the tranquil location of the city.
- Residents also enjoy jogging around the track. One can also take a stroll around the park and enjoy the gorgeous views of the magnificent landmarks. You can also enjoy the stunning views of the Dubai Canal, a part of which passes through the park.
- Bicycles are also available on rest. So, if you enjoy cycling, go for it.
- Health-conscious persons can indulge in various sports activities like football, volleyball, basketball, cricket, and many more. Kids will love Bumper car rides, train rides, and the carousel rides.
- Children can have fun at the amusement arcade, where they can have fun playing on the gaming consoles.
- Most importantly, explore nature with a wonderful oasis in the middle of three beautiful lakes and watch unique species of birds, which will connect you with the environment. The park also offers boating facilities.
- If you have some extra time, you can visit the nearby attractions like Burj Park, Nemo Driving Center, and Kite Beach.
- Prayer rooms
- Jogging Track
- Food Kiosks, cafes, and restaurants
- Dedicated areas for barbeque
- Public restrooms
Safa Park Location:
Spread over 64 hectares of land area, this beautiful park is located in Al Wasl, off the Sheikh Zayed Road. The park is bordered by the leading four streets of Dubai, with entry gates on every four sides of the park. The roads that lead to the park are Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Wasl Road, Al Hadiqa Street, and 55th street.
How To reach there:
Although you can take a metro to reach the destination, which takes 40-45 minutes from the airport, we advise you to hire a cab or taxi to get you to the endpoint in 15-20 minutes approximately.
Safa Park Timing:
Safa Park is open from early morning to late evening so that visitors can enjoy their leisure time at the park. Tuesdays are exclusively reserved for female visitors, and men are not allowed to visit the park on that day.
Sunday To Wednesday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Thursday to Saturday: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
Safa Park Dubai Ticket Price:
Every visitor can easily access Safa Park only at AED 3 per person, and children below 2 years and people with determination can access the park services for free.
Safa Park Dubai is an ideal location to indulge in outdoor activities and beat Dubai’s striking heat. With an ample parking area with designated parking slots for the disabled, the park welcomes all visitors to enjoy the green landscapes amidst Dubai’s dry and dusty weather.
Check out our blogs on Dubai Travel for more such fantastic destinations.