Cayan Tower Case study seeks the attention of many young developers and civil engineers because of its unusual helical-shaped structure with a 90-degree twist from the base. Dubai is famous for its classic architecture and uniquely designed skyscrapers. Burj Khalifa,23 Marina, and Almas Tower are the best examples of the most exemplary structural architecture in the world.
Can you imagine a building that reflects human DNA composition? A must-see in your Dubai tour, Cayan Tower is a 75-storey residential building that rotates at a 90-degree angle and has a structure that resembles human DNA.
The Cayan Tower Case study involves the complexity and risks involved in building a 1010 feet tall skyscraper, which twists 90 degrees from the base.
Cayan Tower Location:
Located on the Dubai Marina, which is an artificial marina in the heart of Dubai, Cayan Tower Location can be easily accessed by the residents from the main highways of Dubai.
The Cayan Tower is built on the Sheikh Zayed Road, and it is close to all the businesses, restaurants, and other amenities in the neighbourhood.
This uncommon tower in the world is 10 minutes drive from popular tourist attractions like Skydive Dubai, Dubai Marina Mall, Topgolf Dubai, and the Yellow Boats.
The residents of the Cayan Tower enjoy the mesmerising views of the Arabian Sea and Palm Jumeirah. A stunning wonder in a true sense, the Cayan tower location is in the prime area of Dubai, and it is easily accessible from the popular spots.
Cayan Tower Construction:
The 307-metre helical tower was designed by the award-winning architectural company Skidmore Owings and Merrill, who also take credit behind the concept design of Burj Khalifa and Trump Tower, Chicago, and Jin Mao in shanghai.
The Cayan Tower construction is unique, with a distinct helical-shaped structure and amazing rotational effect that surprises visitors.
Let us learn more about the mechanism involved in the construction of this modern yet most functional building:
- The floors’ plates are identical and twist slightly against the storey below, resulting in a complete 90-degree turn from the base.
- The tower is carefully designed to provide lovely views of the nearby marina and gulf from every level possible.
- Apart from the outstanding aesthetic properties, the tower is configured to withstand the strong wind force and solar heat gain.
- A cylindrical concrete pillar at the center strengthens the building structure and supports the rotational effect of distributing the mass.
- The team used deep window sills to minimise direct sunlight and give a mirror effect to the outer layer of the building. Thus, the indoor living spaces and terraces are prevented from the extreme heat.
- Developers tested the design under wind tunnel testing and three-dimensional computer modelling techniques to ensure safety features.
- A deep demising wall between the central circular corridor and residential units balances the building’s electrical, mechanical, and plumbing system.
Cayan Tower Apartments and Amenities:
Cayan tower has been on fire since the day it was opened for buyers to invest in the luxurious apartments in the building.
Cayan tower has approximately 495 apartments with studio flats, 1 to 3-bedroom residential apartments, and four-bedroom deluxe penthouses. Each condo in Cayan tower has marble and wood finishing with premium quality fittings and internationally styled interiors with built-in wardrobes and a fully-equipped kitchen. Cayan Tower apartments are open for sale and rent.
While the lower floor residents admire the beauty of Dubai Marina’s promenade, the apartments on the upper floors give scenic views of the Arabian Gulf.
Facilities offered to Cayan Tower residents:
The unbelievable scenic view and exceptional lifestyle amenities offered to the residents of the building set the Cayan Tower on fire.
- Free Parking space for Cayan tower residents
- Event space, conference rooms, designated smoking area, and free wifi.
- Central air-conditioning, security, and maintenance services.
- Gym and Fitness area with high-quality exercise machines.
- Seven High- speed elevators and 24/7 help desk and maintenance staff.
- Swimming pool, outdoor infinity pool, and kids’ play area.
Interesting facts about Cayan Tower:
- Cayan tower was named infinity tower before its launch.
- The construction began in 2006, heavy flooding in the foundation site in 2007, and a downturn in Dubai delayed the project for a year, the project was then completed in 2013.
- 80% of the apartment units in this tower were sold out even before its inauguration ceremony in 2013.
- It took eight years to complete the construction of this iconic skyscraper.
- The tower stands 1010 feet from the ground.
- Cayan Tower is honoured with Best Tall Building in the Middle East and Africa in 2014, Arabian Property awards, and International property awards.
- Each Floor of Cayan Tower rotates at 1.2 degrees around a cylindrical elevator.
- In June 2013, Cayan Tower became the world’s tallest twisting tower upon its grand opening ceremony. But, in February 2015, China broke this record by presenting the Shanghai Tower to the world.
- Cayan tower sets a new benchmark in terms of unique twisting structures. While in the Turning Torso in Sweden, cantilevered plates are placed on a linear structure, and each plate turns away from the other to give a twist; large floor plates in the Cayan Tower twist slightly to provide a 90-degree effect.
The designers Skidmore Owings and Merrill LLP (SOM) take pride in presenting the most challenging construction of their careers. A 75- Storey dynamic tower redefines the standards of luxury with an astonishing smooth curve and stunning 90-degree angle. Residents of Cayan Tower apartments get fascinating views of the Dubai Marina while enjoying the amenities close to this unique skyscraper.
The construction of the Cayan Tower is unique in itself and requires detailed study to understand the risks and challenges involved in making an elegant yet secure twisting skyscraper. The luxurious high-rise building is a complete delight to the eyes from the exterior. Dubai is blessed with the world’s best skyscrapers, and Cayan Tower is one of them.