Dubai, the capital of the Emirate of Dubai, is a place of beauty and innovation. The stunning and always evolving region is a true replica of culture and authenticity. Spending a few days here can be an unforgettable life experience. You can do high-end shopping, enjoy the cutting-edge architecture and do much more. While planning your holiday to Dubai, one of the most famous landmarks you cannot miss adding to your list is Burj Khalifa. Know the best things about Burj Khalifa with this complete guide.
About Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building. Previously known as Khalifa Tower or Burj Dubai, the building was renamed in honor of two zealous personalities – Abu Dhabi and the president of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. From its very completion in 2009, the Burj Khalifa has become the planet’s highest building and landmark.
Burj Khalifa Architecture
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, a Chicago-based architectural firm, designed it. The architect was Adrian Smith, and the structural engineer was William F. Baker. The construction was started in 2004. It took a long duration of five years to complete the exterior part. There are 57 elevators and 8 escalators in all. Three segments of the skyscraper are arranged around a core structure. The stunning architecture loaded with the best examples of engineering and architecture has observation decks on the 124th and 148th floors.
Burj Khalifa Inside
The Burj Khalifa is a large-scale mixed-use construction. It has 30,000 homes, around 19 residential buildings, 7.4 acres of parkland, 12 hectares of artificial Burj Khalifa Lake, the Dubai Mall, as well as 9 hotels, including the famed The Address Downtown Dubai.
1. Burj Khalifa Sky Lounge and Observatory Desk
Burj Khalifa Sky Lounge is the world’s highest viewing deck. The deck stands at level 148 of the building and is 555 metres above sea level.
2. Corporate Suites
Levels 111–121, 125–135, 139–147, and 149–154 are where the corporate suites are located. For corporate giants, these are the ideal business destinations.
3. At.Mosphere Restaurant
The classy restaurant, which is located on level 122, offers a pleasant dining experience. Dining at At. Mosphere is even more spectacular due to the fact that you will be eating at 442 metres above the ground.
4. Sky Lobbies
Levels 43,76, and 123 have sky lobbies. There are modern fitness rooms, indoor/outdoor swimming pools, Jacuzzis, and a leisure area for meetings and events in the lobbies.
Residences are located on levels 19–37, 44–72, and 77–108. Nearly 900 luxurious homes are available, including studios and suites with 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms. Owners and their visitors enjoy an incomparable living experience thanks to the apartments’ exceptional amenities and services.
6. Armani Hotel
The rooms, which are located on levels Ground, 1-8, 38, and 39, provide luxury and unparalleled hospitality. Eramosa stone floors, zebrawood panelling, and custom furnishings are all behind the unimaginable comfort experienced by the guests.
7. Armani Residences
Giorgio Armani himself designed the Armani Residences, which are located on levels 9 to 16. The intricate furniture and dazzling lighting elevate the amenities to new heights of beauty and relaxation.
8. Burj Khalifa Park
The Burj Khalifa is surrounded by a 27-acre park. SWA Group designed the park, which features water bodies, gardens, palm-lined walks, and flowering trees.
9. Burj Club
The Burj Club offers a rooftop, spa, and gym, all of which offer exquisite amenities and scenic views.
Burj Khalifa Height
Located in Dubai’s center, the building stands at a height of 2722 feet, with a top of 2717 feet.
Burj Khalifa Facts
- The structure set multiple high records, including being crowned the world’s tallest building.
- The core objective of its development was to bring Dubai to global prominence.
- The view of the sunset from the lower deck of the Burj Khalifa is stunning.
- Only in one thousand three hundred and twenty-five days after the commencement of construction work, the building became the world’s tallest man-made structure.
- Though the tower was officially opened on January 4, 2010, the interior was still incomplete.
- Several accolades have been given to the tower, including for creativity, engineering achievement, and architectural design.
- Level 154, which is 584 meters above ground, is the highest occupied floor.
- For public viewing, there are three decks which are located on levels 124, 125, and 148. The 555-metre high deck, located on level 148 is the world’s highest observation deck.
- Burj Khalifa is located in Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai.
Planning your trip to Burj Khalifa. Here are tips you must consider
- Buy tickets in advance to avoid long lines and costly fast-track entrance. The tickets are available for purchase online and can be reserved up to 30 days ahead of time.
- Allow for a minimum of two hours for your visit. For a more in-depth experience, you may need more time.
- Book a room for a sunset viewing around an hour ahead of sunset.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Reach at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time slot.
Touring Dubai is like seeing heaven on Earth. Taking your gaze away from the splendor and constant expansion of the country is hard. A trip to Dubai can be one of the best and most memorable trips of your life provided you make the right choices and take timely actions.
Hope you will enjoy your trip to Burj Khalifa. Good luck!
Leave a Reply