Dubai, one of the world’s main tourist destinations, has something to provide every visitor with an authentic experience. Whether it is eye-catching architecture, extravagant designs, malls, hotels, or activities, Dubai never disappoints. Among the plenty of Dubai’s exclusive attractions, one is the Lost Chambers Aquarium. The state-of-the-art aquarium, located in Atlantis, the Palm, lets visitors delve deeper into the intriguing world of underwater creatures.
The spectacular indoor aquarium is the largest in the Middle East and Africa, enabling you to get up close and personal with a wide range of water animals and learn about their lives. The Dubai Aquarium has a 10-million-litre tank that houses thousands of aquatic animals, but it is best known for its collection of sharks and rays. The absolutely gorgeous and mesmerising museum, which contains over 65,000 marine animals including sharks, lobsters, rays, piranhas, seahorses, and many others, is ideal for expanding one’s knowledge and dedicating a day to utmost fun.
The Lost Chambers Aquarium – Highlights
- The Lost Chambers Aquarium is one of the largest and most unique aquariums in the UAE.
- Over 65000 marine animals from around the world can be found at the aquarium.
- Guided tours are provided to help you to learn interesting facts about underwater creatures.
- The whole system comprises underwater tunnels and mazes, with about 20 exhibitions.
- Several enjoyable activities, such as the Ambassador Lagoon Tour, Fish Tale Tour, and Myth Tour, are available to make your trip more pleasant.
- At one place, you can peep into the lives of thousands of underwater creatures and introduce yourself to an assorted variety of fishes.
- To offer guests add-on fun, the Lost Chambers Aquarium hosts haunted parties year round.
Things to do at the Lost Chambers Aquarium
The Lost Chambers Aquarium offers the ultimate snorkelling experience in the Ambassador Lagoon. The activity lets visitors see the rare species in their natural habitat. Visitors can snorkel with their families, making it a complete family experience. Anyone over the age of six is welcome to participate in the activity. Before the activity begins, participants are given a snorkel, mask, vest, and instructions about the session. The ticket price varies depending on the day, but it is typically around AED 315.
- Aquarium Dives
Three different types of aquarium dives offering visitors an amazing diving experience are offered at the Lost Chambers Aquarium. Non-certified divers can participate in Atlantis Dive Discovery, a beginner-level programme allowing guests to learn basic diving skills as well as interact with charming butterflies and sharks. Single Tank Dive and Scariest are the other options. The activity costs between AED 1,250 and AED 1,450 depending on the option you select.
- Hath Yoga
In addition to incredible marine activities, the Lost Chambers Aquarium offers hath yoga classes in a special and distinctive environment. The activity takes place on specific days and times. The fee is around AED 130. Yoga mats and water bottles are provided to registered guests.
- Haunted Underwater Parties
Atlantis, The Palm hosts a variety of festivals and events throughout the year, including Halloween. During Halloween, the aquarium organizes themed parties that are open to visitors. Becoming a part of the Lost Chambers Aquarium Halloween parties is a great way to spice things up while in Dubai.
- Fish Tales Tour
The fish tales tour is an educational activity that focuses on teaching guests about the aquatic world. The tour is conducted in English and occurs at Ambassador Lagoon’s top level. The tour takes you through the in-house fish hospital and nursery and familiarises you with all you need to know about managing and caring for sea creatures. The activity is estimated to cost AED 45.
- Aqua Theatre Shows
The aqua theatre shows are best suited for visitors who want to gain extended knowledge about diving and marine life. Just after an insightful session by experts, guests can enjoy a fabulous feeding show, which has become immensely popular among guests over the years, particularly among children.
How to reach
Located at the famous Atlantis, the Palm, the Lost Chambers Aquarium is convenient to get to by taxi, ferry or personal vehicle. One can reach the location within 30 mins upon starting a drive from the centre of Dubai.
The Lost Chambers Aquarium – ticket price
Ticket prices for the Lost Chambers Aquarium begin at INR 2500. There are also various activities and packages available, allowing you to select the one that best suits your interests. Guests can buy a day pass or participate in one or many underwater activities. Tickets to the aquarium can be purchased at the ticket counter or online.
The Lost Chambers Aquarium – timings
The Lost Chambers Aquarium operates from 10 am to 9 pm every day, however, different activities take place at specific timings.
Places to visit around the Lost Chambers Aquarium
- Atlantis Dive Centre
- Aquaventure Waterpark
- Dolphin Bay
- Sea Lion Point
- ShuiQi Spa
Top restaurants near the Lost Chambers Aquarium
- Ronda Locatelli
- Seafire Steakhouse
- Doors Freestyle Grill
- TBJ for Dubai’s best burgers
Planning a trip to the Lost Chambers Aquarium? Here are the things you must consider
- On some days, the Lost Chambers Aquarium can be packed. To avoid last-minute hassles, purchase your tickets well in advance.
- The aquarium is open for people of all age groups, however, children under 12 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The best time to visit the Lost Chambers Aquarium is from November to March.
- There is no entry fee for children under two years.
- Atleast 5 to 6 hours are required to enjoy the attraction to the fullest.
- Always carry ID proof as it may be required anytime.
- Food and beverages facilities are not available inside the aquarium.
Leave a Reply