Dubai is immensely popular for its iconic landmarks, majestic gardens, breath-taking desert landscapes, and adventure theme parks. But, what makes Dubai worth visiting is the luxurious shopping experience. One such destination that meets your shopping needs is Battuta Mall in Dubai. Brimming with many shopping outlets and dining options, the Ibn Battuta Mall will entertain you in every possible way.
Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall, Dubai
The Ibn Battuta Mall, the world’s largest themed mall, was developed by UAE’s leading developers Nakheel and opened to the public in 2005. The mall’s theme revolves around the travel expeditions of the famous Arab Explorer Ibn Battuta. The mall houses six courts, namely China, India, Egypt, Persia, Tunisia, and Andalusia, featuring these countries’ traditions inside the courts.
The mall is spread across a massive area of 521,000 sqm, and it incorporates more than 280 stores, a dining area, a multiplex with 21 screens, an Imax theater, and more than 4000 car parking spaces.
Shopping at Ibn Battuta Mall:
A haven for shopaholics, the mall has a nice blend of international and local brands to make your shopping spree enjoyable. The mall has many retail stores to cater to your shopping needs, including fashion, jewelry, perfumes, cosmetics, electronics, home decor, and much more.
Some of the top brands which show their presence in the mall with their premium quality products include H&M, Carters, ECCO, Sephora, Swarovski, ALDO, and many more. The exciting thing is you can find great deals on footwear, perfumes, apparel, and electronics.
Dining: What completes your shopping experience is the mouth-watering food at the world-famous restaurants inside the mall. The Food court offers a wide variety of international cuisines to satisfy your taste buds. Relish authentic Indian, European, Japanese, and Middle Eastern cooking flavors and enjoy your wholesome dining experience inside the food court. You can also choose to sip your favorite coffee from Starbucks, paul, and many other renowned cafes.
Gazebo, India Palace, Xenia, Verdura, Yakitate, and many more restaurants in the mall are among the fine dining restaurants in Dubai. Some favorite eateries to enjoy desserts and ice-creams include Baskin Robbins, Cold Stone, and Haagen-Dazs. Food-lovers would love to try different cuisines from different restaurants in the food courts.
Entertaining your kids while shopping can be a difficult task. But, how about engaging them in kid-friendly activities without having to go to a different place. The mall has an entertainment zone suitable for children and adults, thus offering a fun time for the whole family. Head to the following areas for exciting activities:
- Switch Bowling: An ideal place to spend quality time with your family and friends, Speed Bowling is located in the India court and has six pool tables, karaoke rooms, and advanced music and lighting system. Switch bowling has a perfect setup to conduct corporate meetings and product launch events. Besides entertainment, the place also offers an alluring ambiance with an extensive food menu for you and your family.
- Sky Zone: Located inside the Persia Court, the sky zone is full of crazy fun activities for children. For all those free-spirited individuals who love to fly high, the sky zone offers different adventures like zip line, freestyle jump, warrior course, and many more inside the all-walled trampoline playing court.
- Novo cinemas-Imax: The 21-screen Novo cinema in the Ibn Battuta Mall gives an unbelievable movie experience with the latest technology to make you feel the emotions of the characters on your screen. Enjoy the latest Hollywood movies and other regional cinemas with comfortable seating, and savor the gourmet meals served in-house to make for an unbeatable movie cinema experience.
- Fun City: Fun city provides a play area exclusively dedicated to children under 12. It offers a great learning environment to kids while ensuring their safety. An excellent place for the development of your little one, the “fun and learn” zone is specifically designed for kids under four years, whereas the “play zone” allows them to enjoy physical activities such as climbing, jumping, and sliding.
Location: Ibn Battuta Mall is conveniently located between Interchange 5 and 6, on Sheikh Zayed Road in Jebel Ali town.
How to Reach:
The place can be accessed with great ease from different parts of the city, and you can pick from the following options to get to the destination.
By cab or car: You can easily get cabs to reach the mall, or you can drive to Jebel Ali on Sheikh Zayed Road(E11), exit at interchange 5, and follow the signboards till you reach the mall.
By Metro: Ibn Battuta mall is conveniently located next to the metro station. Hop on the redline, and the metro drops you off at the Ibn Battuta station.
By Bus: You can hop on to a bus that drops you at the Ibn Battuta Bus station.
The mall is open for trading within the following hours:
- Sunday To Thursday: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Friday and Saturday:10:00 am to 12:00 am
Most retail stores and restaurants inside the mall have the same operating hours. However, Mediclinic and Medical Examination have different opening hours. So, if you want to visit the medical center in Ibn Battuta Mall, check the timing online before your visit.
Ibn Battuta Mall – An architectural wonder
While the mall is famous for its branded shopping outlets, great dining experience, and Novo-Imax theater, the artistically designed courts make the mall worth the visit. If you do not intend to shop here, you may explore the courts and appreciate the structural details that blend exceptionally well with the unique cultural theme.
While the Indian court impresses the tourists with monuments like the Taj Mahal and Wind Palace, the Persian court will awe-struck you with its Turquoise Mosaic walking area. China, Egypt, and Tunisia’s courts have their charm and fascinate visitors with their unique historical architecture.
Tips before you visit the mall:
- The mall is spread over a massive area, and you may spend an entire day walking around the mall. So, the best advice is to wear comfortable shoes.
- Dress modestly and show respectful behavior inside the mall.
- Get some fantastic souvenirs as a lifetime memory of your trip.
- The mall timings may vary during Ramadan. Hence, it is advisable to check the time on the official website.
Ibn Battuta Mall Dubai offers more than you can ever imagine from a shopping mall. The mall dazzles millions of tourists yearly with various products and a complete package of fun, entertainment, luxury, and food. The display of diverse cultures in six aesthetically appealing courts reflects a unique perspective and makes the place worth visiting on your Dubai trip.
Leave a Reply